Resort Rules & Policies
General Rules & Policies
- All general admission guest must register at the dive shop, pay applicable fees, and sign a waiver/release form, minors included.
- General admission passes expire at sundown.
- Only overnight guests may enter the resort 24 hours a day. General and Diving pass holders may leave the resort and re-enter as long as their passes are valid. Pass validation will be checked at the gate when leaving and entering the park.
- Children 12 years and under require adult supervision at all times. Swim at your own risk, No lifeguards on duty.
- No diving or jumping from docks, bridges, or trees.
- All Tiki Hut rental gear is due in one hour prior to closing.
- We ID at time of admission. A 21 and older wristband will be placed on you if you plan to consume alcohol. If you are caught without such wristband and you are consuming, you will be expelled with no refund.
- No beer bongs, funnels or kegs are permitted. No excessive alcohol consumption.
- No glass containers near common or water areas.
- No motor propelled water craft.
- No riding on exteriors of vehicles.
- Firearms are prohibited.
- No foul or abusive language, fighting or any other behavior that may be offensive to families will be permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in any of the lodging facilities, water areas, playgrounds, orresort facilities. Pets that are noisy, viscous, dangerous, disturbing or intimidating to other persons or pets, or which damage resort resources, are considered to be a nuisance and will not be permitted to remain in the resort. All pets must be confined in a climate controlled environment, leashed, or otherwise under the physical control of a person at all times. Leash may not exceed six feet in length. Pets must be vaccinated as per Chapter 828. F.S. Florida Law. Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets and properly dispose of all pet droppings in trash receptacles. Pet owners must assume all responsibility for their pets actions.
- "Quiet Hours" are 10:00 pm until 8:00 am. No excessive noise is allowed at anytime.
- 5 mph speed limit must be observed through the property.
- No ATV's of any type are allowed on the property.
- No fishing or hunting is allowed on the property at anytime.
- No commercial filming is permitted without prior written permission.
- Prices subject to change. Taxes not included.
SCUBA Diving Rules & Policies
- All diving guests must register at the dive shop, pay applicable pass fees, and sign a waiver/release form. Minors require the signature of a custodial, parent or legal guardian.
- Diving passes expire at 11pm.
- All scuba rental gear is a 24 hour rental. If you plan to return your gear after hours please contact a staff member for instructions.
- The minimum age for scuba diving is 10, regardless of supervision or certification. All minors must dive with a certified adult, regardless of whether the minor is certified.
- Diver must be able to show proof of certification from a recognized agency or be under instructor supervision.
- Divers must be able to read and abide by all posted diving rules.
- Divers must follow all generally accepted safe diving practices.
- Divers must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Divers must dive within their limits of certification.
- Divers must not enter the cavern or cave system without such certifications.
- All items that may be found by divers will be surrendered to Vortex Spring personnel, and will remain the express property of the owners.
Camping - Lodging Rules & Policies
- All camping and lodging rates are based on two guests per night.
- A single vehicle or two tents are allowed per camp site.
- 2-general admission passes are included with each site or room for each night reserved. This excludes dorm rooms. Passes may be upgraded to Diving Passes. Each additional guest staying at the site or in the room is required to purchase a general admission or diving pass.
- A deposit is required for each reservation. The amount of your first nights rate for each reservation is required in advance.
- Deposits are refundable only if the reservation is canceled 72 hours prior to check-in.
- Prices may be higher and a minimum nights stay may imposed over holiday weekends or during special events.
- Check-in at 4pm Check-out at 11am
- You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation, or stay in our accommodations without a parent or legal guardian.
- If there are any items removed from your room or any damage done to the property, your credit card will be charged $150.00.
Notice: Vortex Spring, Inc. is private property. Failure to abide by these rules may, at the discretion of Vortex Spring personnel, result in expulsion without refund. Persons failing to pay entrance, lodging, or camping fees, who re enter the property after expulsion, or who refuse to leave when asked, will be considered trespassers and subject to arrest.
Warning: There are inherent risks involved in outdoor activities: risk which may not be visible or foreseeable, including but not limited to dangerous, unpredictable, and changeable weather, lightning, thunder, stinging/biting insects, falling limbs and trees, shallow waters, rocks, snakes and other wild animals and other natural hazards and dangers. Consumption of alcohol may impair your judgment and reduce your ability to effectively manage the risks of swimming, camping and other water and land activities.